Your CV is vital to your job application. If you create a curriculum vitae (CV) that is too long, too short or perhaps does not contain the information a prospective employer is looking for, it might not be saying the right things about you.
This Writing an Effective CV course is part of an employability suite which will help learners search for and secure employment.
It is a valuable resource for anyone applying for a job.
This module will introduce learners to the process of creating a CV, give guidance on the suitable styles and layouts, identify how the information should be presented and give an insight into the employer’s perspective.
On completion of this module, learners will:
- Know the purpose of a CV and how to produce one;
- Know the main types of information to be included on a CV;
- Know how to create a CV with suitable style and layout, and know the different types of style and layout that can be used;
- Know how to present information clearly;
- Know how to identify what information should be included on a covering letter;
- Know how to create a covering letter with a suitable style and layout;
- Know why the appropriate use and accuracy of language is important when presenting personal information; and
- Know how to identify appropriate referees.
Areas covered include:
- What Does Your CV Say about You?
- What is an Effective CV?
- Writing Effective Covering Letters
- Writing Your Own CV
- The Employer’s Perspective
This Writing an Effective CV module is suitable for anyone who is applying for jobs and would like to learn more about how they can make their CV more attractive to potential employers
Approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.